|This is as close as I can find to a "Before" picture, though we have already civilized this heathen land with electricity.|
I was truly a woman favored over others.
And then the boys happened. And I don't know why two of them should be so problematical. ('Force multiplier' may be my famous last words.) As soon as order was established, disaster struck. Over and over again. I would replace the light that had burned out, sweep up the glass and the stove-in computer tower and the broken legs of an inoffensive side table that wasn't hurting anybody, sort the teeny, tiny toys that had been scattered within, press-gang the boys (and the 'Why are you looking at me? I was busy re-framing the Constitution and sewing sheets into clothing' girl) to help me, vacuum it out and vow that this time it would be different.
|Why won't you evolve?!|
But hope and change had to come to Energia St. in one form or another.
|Nice wall you got there...Be a shame if anything were to happen to it.|
|Jonah is busy working on the short wall and his efforts to mainstream the often-maligned socks/sandals fashion lifestyle.|
|There is nothing funny here. Dad is cutting a hole in my house. A. Hole. In. My. House.|
|The cousins are as alarmed as I am.|
|But having the proud blood of the Hannas coursing through their veins, the Littles felt an indefinable pull towards anything that might cause an industrial accident.|
- Mudding--IhatethisIhatethiswhyaretherelumpsinthemud ohmygoshIhatethissomuchI'mtotallyruiningeverything
- Sanding the mud--Two words: White snot
- Repeating mudding and sanding two more times. My body is not meant to bend this way and I am the biggest moron I have ever met.
- Nagging Nathan to insulate the floor. (Simpler than it sounds.)
|He looks like something out of The Great Escape with Steve McQueen. If you can't go over the wall or through the wall, go under the wall...|
- Texture--Nathan was heroic. I was dogged. The result was a bit of a Curate's Egg--perfect...in parts.
- Paint--Ahhhh...back in my wheelhouse. I could probably perform paint bending with my mind should my limbs become unusable.
|But hurry up! Grandpa's coming for skiing!!|
|Gosh, I love him.|
And if you're keeping score at home that means, aside from some very minor light inserts, that I'm done.
Now I have to get going on Spencer's room...