|Meet my new journal--a question a day|
Anyway, it reminded me how much I love being able to look back at those things and I hope (resolve?) to do a better job of getting stuff down without feeling too guilty about what I haven't managed to catch.
- I mean, have I even mentioned Jonah's braces? And head gear? Ugh. And he's still gorgeous.
- Or how my sciatica is so bad this time that I have to cross my fingers sometimes just to cross a room.
- Or how Zac has molluscum (but hasn't had the croup or an ear infection in forever and is potty trained and his stutter is almost gone) and it drives us crazy but how I love the darling he has become.
- Or how Spencer comes home from neighbor boy's house every time with a puffy eye from his dog.
- Or Laura pouring and pouring over baby name books for the last 5 months--making a long list of girl names and grudgingly compiling a short boy name list until it all became moot and her joy at having a little sister no longer had to be contained.
- Or Nathan tirelessly making the same six meals for three months straight while I hid, pasty-faced and nauseous anywhere where he wasn't.
- Or how I've foolishly embarked on making an authentic 1850s pioneer get-up for Laura's 4th grade class expedition including drawers, chemise, corded stays, two petticoats (corded and tucked), and a gorgeous dress with a hand-gauged waist.